24ct Pure Gold Inside Wedding Rings
creating traditions for the LGBT community

Romantic PURITY wedding rings.

Made from 18ct (750) gold on the outside with 24ct (990) gold on the inside. The outer for life, the inner for love.

24ct / 24k gold is considered pure.

Classic Wedding Rings With 24ct Gold Inside For Purity

We are romantics at heart. We love the idea of a pure gold wedding ring but elemental gold is very soft. Too soft for jewellery that has to stand up to daily use. We put the challenge to a team of goldsmiths and metallurgical experts: design a wedding ring that uses 24ct gold and can be worn for a lifetime. Not an easy task but now we have a very special, a very unusual wedding ring: PURITY by Woolton & Hewitt.

24ct carat 24k karat gold pure gold inside wedding ring


PURITY Wedding Rings with 24ct Gold | Fine Gold | Pure Gold

Our solution for a pure gold wedding ring is 24ct fine gold inside and 18ct on the outside. Pure 24ct / 24k gold next to your skin, a symbol of pure love. With more durable 18ct (carat) / 18k (karat) gold on the outside. 24ct gold for pure romance while the harder 18ct gold interacts with the world outside. And this means you have more colour choices. The outer part of your PURITY rings can be made in 18ct white gold, or 18ct rose gold, or 18ct yellow gold. Of course, always in combination with 24ct / 24k pure gold inside. It's an amazing way for classic wedding rings to symbolise your love!


Pure Gold 24k Wedding Rings

When we talk about pure gold and 24ct (carat) or 24k (karat) gold we mean "considered pure". Firstly, this is because there is no such thing as 100% pure gold. Gold quality, or fineness as it is know, is expressed in parts per thousand shown by the ‰ symbol. The world record for gold purity is 999.999‰. That's incredibly pure gold but it is really only for investment and scientific purposes. Next there is practicality. For jewellery we can use up to 999‰ but this is very soft. With our experts we have decided that for wedding rings that must stand up to constant use the answer is 990‰ fineness gold.

pure 24ct gold 24 karat 990 inside wedding rings with UK hallmarks
To convert back to more familiar percentages, that is 99% pure gold, the remaining 1% being used by our goldsmiths to add hardness and durability. Our 990 hallmarked gold is so pure that it is officially considered both "fine gold" and also "24ct gold". By contrast 22ct / 22k gold is traditionally considered to be a very pure gold. You will see from the UK hallmarking table above that it is 91.6% pure. This is high but a long way from our 99% 24k fine gold. We have, we believe, the perfect solution - rare and luxurious 24ct (99%) gold on the inside, 18ct (75%) gold on the outside. PURITY for your love.

Photo of our Showroom location in BerkhamstedWoolton & Hewitt rings for gay weddings and same sex marriage Woolton & Hewitt rings for gay weddings and same sex marriage Woolton & Hewitt rings for gay weddings and same sex marriage Woolton & Hewitt rings for gay weddings and same sex marriage Woolton & Hewitt rings for gay weddings and same sex marriage Woolton & Hewitt rings for gay weddings and same sex marriage